Mallinson, D. J. and Patrick Burns. (Forthcoming). “Increasing Career Confidence Through a Course in Public Service Careers.” Journal of Political Science Education.
Hannah, A. Lee. and D.J. Mallinson. (Forthcoming). “Defiant Innovation: The Adoption of Medical Marijuana Laws in the American States.” Policy Studies Journal.
- Our follow-up post on London School of Economics’s US Centre American Politics and Policy Blog
- Our related post on London School of Economics’s US Centre American Politics and Policy Blog
- Media: Newsweek; Yahoo News; The Current Affairs Show; Newsweek
Mallinson, D.J. (Forthcoming). “Lessons on Running a Lab Experiment (in Grad School).” PS: Political Science & Politics.
Mallinson, D.J. and Erin O’Hanlon. (2017). “Between the Patient and Politics – A Ready-to-Use Simulation for Human Service Practitioners.” Simulation & Gaming 48(6): 855-870.
Southmayd, Emily A., Rebecca J. Mallinson, Nancy I. Williams, Daniel J. Mallinson, and Mary Jane De Souza. (2017). “Unique effects of energy versus estrogen deficiency on multiple components of bone strength in exercising women.” Osteoporosis International 28(4): 1365-1376.
- Contributed to statistical analysis using R
Mallinson, D.J. (2016). Schoolyard Politics: Measuring and Explaining Variation in State Anti-bullying Policy Comprehensiveness. State and Local Government Review 48(2): 100-113.
Mallinson, D. J. (2016). Agenda Instability in Pennsylvania Politics: Lessons for Future Replication. Research & Politics. January-March: 1-9.
Mallinson, D. J. (2016). Building a Better Speed Trap: Measuring Policy Adoption Speed in the American States. State Politics & Policy Quarterly 16(1): 98-120.
Simons, Joseph and D. J. Mallinson. (2015). Party Control and Perverse Effects in Majority-Minority Districting: Replication Challenges When Using DW-NOMINATE. Statistics, Politics, and Policy 6(1-2): 19-37.
Mallinson, D. J. and Zachary Baumann. (2015). Lights, Camera, Learn: Understanding the Role of Lecture Capture in Undergraduate Education. PS: Political Science & Politics 48(3): 478-482..
Mallinson, D. J. (2014). Upstream Influence: The Positive Impact of PAC Contributions on Marcellus Shale Roll Call Votes in Pennsylvania. Interest Groups & Advocacy 3(3): 293-314.
Mallinson, D. J. (2013). Where Was the Electricity?: Agenda Setting and the Politics of Electric Rate Caps in Pennsylvania. Commonwealth: A Journal of Political Science 16(1): 41-62.
Vieira, Everett Albert III, Erin Victoria Kay Rowland, Bobbi Gentry, and D.J. Mallinson. (2017). “2017 APSA TLC Track Summary: Innovative Subfield Strategies.” PS: Political Science & Politics 50(3): 854-855.
Mallinson, D. J. (2017). “The Color of Mass Incarceration.” In Race in America: How a Pseudo-Scientific Concept Shaped Human Interaction, ed. Patricia Reid-Merritt. ABC-CLIO.
- Talk for Conversations on Race in America, Stockton University, February 15, 2017
Reports and Briefs
William J. Hughes Center for Public Policy, Stockton University
- Mallinson. (2017). Election 2017: The Policy Priorities of New Jersey College Students.
- Mallinson and David Carr. (2017). State Revenue Forecasts: Building a Shared Reality.
- Mallinson and David Carr. (2017). Tax Expenditures in New Jersey.
Office of the Inspector General, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Payment for Drugs Under the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OEI-03-09-00420)
- Higher Rebates for Brand-Name Drugs Result in Lower Costs for Medicaid Compared to Medicare Part D (OEI-03-10-00320)
- Received Inspector General’s Exceptional Achievement Award, 2012
- Medicare Payments for Drugs Used to Treat Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (OEI-03-10-00360)
- Miami Independent Diagnostic Testing Facilities’ Compliance with Medicare Standards (OEI-05-09-00560)
- Review of Medicare Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (OEI-05-10-00090)
- Diffusion Quarantine: The Use of State Preemption to Prevent the Spread of Innovations (ASPA 2018)
- ALEC and a New Wave of Restrictive Voting Practices in the United States (Toronto Political Development Workshop 2017)
- Teaching Budgeting in the Age of Austerity Using Role Play Simulations (APSA TLC 2017)
- Ideology and Learning in State Legislator Attention to Policy Innovations, with Charles Crabtree (SPSA 2016)
- Testing Variation in the Predictors of Adoption across the Policy Diffusion Lifecycle (NPSA 2015, SPSA 2016)
- Twenty-Five Years of Evidence: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of the General Model of Policy Diffusion (APSA 2014)
- Changes in Policy Diffusion Determinants from 1960 to 2010 (State Politics 2014, CAPR Brownbag January 2014)
- How Political Decisions Are Made: Social Conformity and Political Opinions (CAPR Brownbag April 2014, APSA 2013)
- Lights, Camera, Learn: Understanding the Role of Lecture Capture, with Zachary Baumann (APSA TLC 2014)
- A Theory of Socialization-Driven Diffusion of Policy Innovations (NPSA 2013)
- Building a Better Speed Trap: Measuring the Speed of Policy Innovation Diffusion (APSA 2013; State Politics 2013)
- Upstream Influence: The Positive Impact of PAC Contributions on Marcellus Shale Role Call Votes in Pennsylvania (PPSA 2013, CAPR Brownbag March 2013)
- Who Draws the Line? Party Control and Perverse Effects in Majority-Minority Districting, with Joseph Simons (NPSA 2012)
- Policy Diffusion in the American States: Learning, Competition, and Conformity (Accepted for cancelled APSA 2012)